Backend Application Engineer
Secure Broadcast is an engineering and technology company building groundbreaking TV solutions for enterprise with security at its heart. Our technology is the result of 5 years R&D by a team of extremely passionate software engineers, film production specialists and graphic designers. We have a very exciting roadmap that includes a list of innovations ensuring that we stay at the forefront of secure global communications.
We are looking for a Python Web Developer responsible for owning the API layer of our application. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Expert in Python, with enterprise Django experience.
- Familiarity with some ORM libraries.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising output to match the specific platform.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience of streaming video technologies would be a bonus.
- Passion for learning new technologies.
- Experience with client side application development would be a bonus.
You will be leading the development of our API and Cloud services. Currently, we are using a mixed technology stack on the backend supporting multiple web and native client applications. You will be responsible for the design of a scalable infrastructure that meets the needs of the business. This will include researching, prototyping and implementing the latest stable cloud service technologies to ensure that our product base remains future proof and performant.
- Flexible hours and working style.
- Engaging work - we build exciting products that spark joy in the user.
- Excellent location - located in our brand new premises in the heart of the city.
- Variety - working with a team of technologist and artists, you will find yourself liaising with a broad ranging mix of people on a daily basis.
- Daily fresh fruit (we want you to live healthy).
How To Apply
If you’re interested email your CV to email@example.com and let us know why you think you’re a good match for the role and company.